(also gum tragacanth)
A white or reddish plant gum, used in the food, textile, and pharmaceutical industries.
- This gum is obtained from plants of the genus Astragalus, family Leguminosae, in particular the Eurasian A. gummifer
More example sentences
- So I find the idea of ‘bleaching’ your skin - using a brew of tragacanth, lavender water, glycerine, boric acid, peroxide and distilled water - pretty scary.
- Similar vegetable gums, with the same possible adverse effects, are carrageenan, gum tragacanth, and carob or locust bean gum.
- Some, such as gum arabic and gum tragacanth, are exuded from the gashed bark of trees.
Definition of tragacanth in:
- The US English dictionary