- An actress who specializes in tragic roles.More example sentences
- She was a glamorous loser, a musical comedy tragedienne, a mixture of frivolity and misfortune.
- Her skills as a tragedienne come forward in Rigoletto and even more so in La traviata, where she is an unforgettably poignant Violetta.
- However, she was also a tragedienne not only on-screen, but, sadly, off-screen as well.
mid 19th century: from French tragédienne, feminine of tragédien.
More definitions of tragedienneDefinition of tragedienne in:
- The US English dictionary