Definition of traghetto in English:
noun (plural traghetti traˈɡɛti)
1(In Venice) a landing place or jetty for gondolas.
- Near to this there is the traghetto stop of San Sofia which is bang opposite the Peshcheria or Fish Market.
- Do get as detailed a map of the city as you can, and make sure it shows all the vaporetto and traghetto stops.
- Look for traghetto signs and hand your fare to the gondolier when you board.
1.1A gondola ferry.
- As our river bus weaves in and out among the swarm of vaporetti, traghetti, gondolas and private craft, Venice begins to reveal itself.
- He takes off his head gear and the flippers and then takes the traghetto across to our side.
- Otherwise you can choose between the other modes of transport: vaporetto, traghetto, gondola and water taxi.
Definition of traghetto in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan