- A large structure providing a shelter over the tracks and platforms of a railway station.More example sentences
- It eventually resulted in a small expansion of the train shed adding two more tracks as seen in this September 1979 photo.
- Each has two main elements, an imposing passenger hall opening onto the city street and a tall vaulted train shed over platforms with tracks allowing smoke to clear.
- ‘The train shed is probably the least attractive structure in Toronto,’ said one person to general applause.
More definitions of train shedDefinition of train shed in:
- The US English dictionary