Definition of trainee in English:
A person undergoing training for a particular job or profession: [as modifier]: trainee solicitors
More example sentences
- Strangest moment however came in the the queue for the buffet from a young trainee solicitor.
- I smiled as he talked about the limitations of his current job as a trainee solicitor.
- We must make sure that the trainees recruited for schoolteaching are quality trainees.
- Example sentences
- The notion that a young person entering an apprenticeship or traineeship can bargain equally with a prospective employer is laughable.
- There are only a few traineeships that are on offer to potential theatre directors, so I knew I had to grab the opportunity.
- It means those who then start their traineeships have already played at that level and proved they can cope with it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan