- A ship on which people are taught how to sail and related skills.More example sentences
- The ship was met by a warm welcome from the Brazilian Navy, being berthed in a prominent position astern of the sail training ship Cisne Branco.
- The replica 18th century Royal Navy frigate was originally the HMS Rose, a sail training ship out of Connecticut before 20th Century Fox acquired it for the movie.
- She served as a training ship and oceanographic research ship until her final decommissioning in the early '80s.
More definitions of training shipDefinition of training ship in:
- The US English dictionary