- A cold north wind blowing in Italy or the adjoining regions of the Adriatic and Mediterranean.More example sentences
- The tramontana winds around the Pyrenees could easily blow the light aircraft off course, especially during the scattered storms last Friday.
- Thus the tramontana blows most frequent in winter, but may occur from mid-September through April.
- In the earliest charts, north is indicated by a spearhead above the letter T (for tramontana).
Italian, 'north wind, Pole Star' (see tramontane).
More definitions of tramontanaDefinition of tramontana in:
- The US English dictionary