noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A synthetic compound derived from cyclohexane which inhibits the breakdown of fibrin in blood clots and is used to treat haemorrhage.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NH2CH2C6H10COOH
- One study has shown that tranexamic acid reduces transfusion requirements in patients presenting with non-variceal haemorrhage.
- After dental extraction bleeding can be stopped with oral tranexamic acid mouth wash.
- It has fewer side-effects than tranexamic acid.
1960s: from elements of the systematic name, trans-4-aminomethylcyclohexanecarboxylic acid.