noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- Activation of a gene at one locus by the presence of a particular gene at another locus, typically following infection by a virus.More example sentences
- The timing of these events is complex and it should be noted that the transactivation of stress-inducible genes is not fully understood even in model systems.
- These injurious substances have been reported to activate EGFR through direct ligand-mediated activation, or via transactivation.
- In mouse pituitary gonadotrope cells, MMP2 and MMP9 can mediate EGFR transactivation.
More definitions of transactivationDefinition of transactivation in:
- The US English dictionary