- An enzyme which catalyses a particular transamination reaction: [with modifier]: the activity of aspartate transaminaseMore example sentences
- Concentrations of serum creatine kinase, transaminases, urea, and creatinine may be raised, and bicarbonate may be reduced.
- Aspartate transaminase is an enzyme that plays a role in many aspects of body metabolism.
- Mild elevations in liver chemistry tests such as alanine transaminase and aspartate transaminase can reveal serious underlying conditions or have transient and benign etiologies.
More definitions of transaminaseDefinition of transaminase in:
- The US English dictionary