- The sum total of all the messenger RNA molecules expressed from the genes of an organism.More example sentences
- During the past decade research in the field of molecular biology has gradually shifted from the analysis of single genes to the analysis of whole genomes, transcriptomes, and proteomes.
- The application of genome, transcriptome, and proteome screening to cybrid clones of the two different types could therefore help to identify the relevant pathways and genes.
- However, only a few works have addressed the response of the transcriptome to whole genome duplication.
More definitions of transcriptomeDefinition of transcriptome in:
- The US English dictionary