- A soccer or rugby club’s list of players available for transfer.More example sentences
- The 23-year-old midfielder has been on the transfer list since 2001, however he still played a major part in their survival last season.
- You'll not be caught with a player on the transfer list for over a year here.
- He's still on the transfer list but it's not a big deal because if anyone came in for him, and no one has, we wouldn't sell him.
verbBack to top
- (transfer-list) [with object] Make (a player) available for transfer: the striker was fined and transfer-listed (as adjective transfer-listed) the transfer-listed goalkeeperMore example sentences
- A player who was transfer-listed during his time there and had to continually prove his worth, he was also part of the squad which was forced to accept wage cuts last year.
- Hundreds of players have been transfer-listed across all clubs in an effort to reduce their wage bills, which can be astronomical in some lower divisions.
- It is to that end that he expects to keep the seven players he transfer-listed last month, even though the transfer deadline does not apply to Championship clubs.