- A payment made or income received in which no goods or services are being paid for, such as a benefit payment or subsidy.More example sentences
- It is possible for one party to request a transfer payment into their own pension arrangement over which they would have more control, such as deciding on the investments of the pension fund.
- Perhaps because its population is larger than that of all of the other transfer payment receiving provinces combined.
- If the inequity is of concern, then a transfer payment could be made to compensate low-income households for their greater costs.
More definitions of transfer paymentDefinition of transfer payment in:
- The US English dictionary