- A specific period in the year during which soccer clubs may buy and sell players: McClaren was keen to bolster his squad during the January transfer windowMore example sentences
- Except, of course, for the fact that come the Christmas transfer window, Owen won't have played in the Champions League, and could suddenly look very attractive to an injury-hit or goal-shy Champions League team.
- The transfer window makes it difficult to change things, but then that is a problem for everyone so we can't complain about that.
- Norwich City will go closest to staying up, but a crucial match at Southampton two weeks from the end of the season will ultimately prove to be their undoing, as Harry Redknapp's dealings during the January transfer window pay off for the Saints.
More definitions of transfer windowDefinition of transfer window in:
- The US English dictionary