Definition of transgenderism in English:
A state or condition in which a person’s identity does not conform unambiguously to conventional ideas of male or female gender.
- I hope that you will talk to others about what you have learned about transgenderism.
- He added: "I was quite troubled at school but my world just clicked after my teacher explained transgenderism to me."
- It's heartwarming, funny and packs a real punch about a subject that doesn't get enough attention: transgenderism.
- Example sentences
- The personal stories of crossdressers and transgenderists - and for that matter, intersexed people - are rare.
- The feelings of gender are difficult to understand but, to the transgenderist, they are very strong.
- Female to male transsexuals, transgenderists and cross-dressers who present as men should be addressed as men.
Pronunciation: /transˈdʒɛndərɪst/noun& adjective
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.