Definition of transgenic in English:
Relating to or denoting an organism that contains genetic material into which DNA from an unrelated organism has been artificially introduced: male transgenic mice transgenic foods raise numerous health safety questions
More example sentences
- Also the genetic background in common laboratory and transgenic mice affects the phenotype.
- Yet surely we should not be patenting whole life forms, such as transgenic mice or cotton plants?
- The development of transgenic mice has opened up new possibilities for mutagenicity testing in small animal models.
- Example sentences
- We have functionally rescued these phenotypes with both genomic and cDNA transgenes.
- For autosomal transgenes, both males and females were used for classification.
- This allowed us to obtain homozygous mutants carrying the wild-type transgene in the next generation.
Definition of transgenic in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia