- A brief episode of neurological dysfunction resulting from an interruption in the blood supply to the brain or the eye, sometimes as a precursor of a stroke: the 89-year-old was admitted to hospital on Friday after experiencing a suspected transient ischaemic attackMore example sentences
- Patients in the older group more frequently had vascular risk factors including hypertension, previous stroke, transient ischemic attacks and atrial fibrillation.
- The EMT workers and the nurses who evaluated her upon arrival at the emergency room concluded it was probably a TIA or transient ischemic attack.
- Six patients had clots leading to strokes or transient ischemic attacks after the procedure.
More definitions of transient ischaemic attackDefinition of transient ischaemic attack in:
- The US English dictionary