Definition of transistor in English:
1A semiconductor device with three connections, capable of amplification in addition to rectification.
- For comparison, the gate length of the smallest silicon transistors is about 20 nanometers.
- A gate voltage of output driving MOS transistor is adjusted through a negative feedback circuit.
- The display pixel electrodes are connected to source electrodes of said thin film transistors in one-to-one correspondence.
1.1 (also transistor radio) A portable radio using circuits containing transistors rather than valves.
- The phone has two side speakers rather than one, so songs played through it do sound pretty decent - much like a portable transistor radio.
- My first memories of listening to the John Peel show was in bed, under the covers, with my little transistor radio tuned to BBC Radio 1 in 1977.
- The portable transistor radio was on every American beach.
1940s: from transconductance, on the pattern of words such as varistor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan