Definition of transistorize in English:
verb[with object] (usually as adjective transistorized)
Design or make with transistors rather than valves: a transistorized tape recorder
More example sentences
- There are probably fewer professional live musicians than there would be if we had never enjoyed radios, jukeboxes, transistorized stereos, or computerized file sharing.
- The transistorized gravity-strain amplifier derives power from the gravitational field manipulation of positrons.
- Radio became such an important and sought-after commodity that its development soon went from huge pieces of furniture for indoors to little transistorised ornaments to fit in one's pocket.
- Example sentences
- He eventually gave it up, as color television and general transistorization shrank the ecological niche.
- The present invention relates especially to the transistorization of a channel switch for use in a telephone exchange.
- The outstanding features of this special computer, built in 1964, include full transistorization and a special magnetic core memory.
Definition of transistorize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia