- A camp for the temporary accommodation of people, e.g. refugees or soldiers, who are travelling through a country or region.More example sentences
- Under its new name, Atlantic Park, it became a transit camp for refugees, mainly Russian, who were anxious to sail to America.
- They proposed to the court that the area be used as a transit camp until alternative accommodation could be found.
- Yes, but you must understand that Auschwitz was two things, a camp for extermination, and a transit camp from which people were sent to labour camps elsewhere.
More definitions of transit campDefinition of transit camp in:
- The US English dictionary