noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An enzyme which catalyses the transfer of an alcohol group between sugar molecules.More example sentences
- We also observed an increase in the levels of transketolase, an enzyme that is involved in glucose metabolism, although not being a part of the glycolytic pathway.
- We also observed that the allergic inflammation results in increases in transketolase, an enzyme that previously has been suggested to be upregulated by hypoxia.
- While enzyme activities of the transketolase in red can be assayed, this is rarely necessary in view of clinical and MRI findings.
More definitions of transketolaseDefinition of transketolase in:
- The US English dictionary