- 1Crossing an ocean: the transoceanic cable systemMore example sentences
- Though they are not ships, oil and gas rigs in the ocean, and transoceanic cables too, are as worthy of naval attack and defense as any ship might be.
- Reliance was planning to acquire the transoceanic cable provider for around $211 million in cash, with a price of $97.41 per share.
- He discusses the science of the telegraph and the transoceanic telegraph cables that linked the world.
- 1.1Coming from or situated beyond an ocean: there is a higher rate for letters intended for transoceanic countriesMore example sentences
- Second, the European powers that generated transoceanic settlements were typically much smaller in territory than their overseas outposts and in due course became so in population, too.
- Taking place in Washington, D.C., and San Francisco with intimations of its transoceanic neighbor, Japan, the play already fails by not making these places compellingly present.
- The energy and momentum of these transoceanic waves can take them thousands of kilometers from their origin before slamming into far-distant islands or coastal areas.
More definitions of transoceanicDefinition of transoceanic in:
- The US English dictionary