Definition of transphobia in English:
Intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people: more than 120 complaints concerning transphobia in the media were made
More example sentences
- As a community, we in Michigan are committed to fighting prejudice and ignorance of all kinds; we do not want to see transphobia fostered here or anywhere.
- Because of violence against women, some extremists use transphobia as a tool to exclude transgendered women based on the perception that they once were men.
- In their quest for high ratings and profits, the show's producers didn't care that these women were strung around like puppets in a tasteless show that perpetuated transphobia and racism.
- Example sentences
- Don't make an epic confrontation out of the fact you were criticized for transphobic statements.
- I think being openly transphobic is illegitimate and contradictory for a liberal newspaper.
- None of these things are true, and trying to claim they are is simply an attempt to stop others from pointing out your transphobic behavior.
Pronunciation: /tranzˈfəʊbɪk, transˈfəʊbɪk/adjective
Definition of transphobia in:
- US English dictionary