Definition of transphobia in English:
Intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people: more than 120 complaints concerning transphobia in the media were made
More example sentences
- As a community, we in Michigan are committed to fighting prejudice and ignorance of all kinds; we do not want to see transphobia fostered here or anywhere.
- Because of violence against women, some extremists use transphobia as a tool to exclude transgendered women based on the perception that they once were men.
- In their quest for high ratings and profits, the show's producers didn't care that these women were strung around like puppets in a tasteless show that perpetuated transphobia and racism.
- Example sentences
- Don't make an epic confrontation out of the fact you were criticized for transphobic statements.
- I think being openly transphobic is illegitimate and contradictory for a liberal newspaper.
- None of these things are true, and trying to claim they are is simply an attempt to stop others from pointing out your transphobic behavior.
Pronunciation: /tranzˈfəʊbɪk, transˈfəʊbɪk/adjective
Definition of transphobia in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia