Intense dislike of or prejudice against transsexual or transgender people: more than 120 complaints concerning transphobia in the media were made
More example sentences
- I suffered almost none of the transphobia in the greater world they constantly are complaining about.
- The most emotionally challenging part for me was the transphobia I encountered from the court attorney who represented me at my arraignment.
- But it's not just homophobia or transphobia that these men are reacting to so violently: their whole masculinity is at stake.
- Example sentences
- Don't make an epic confrontation out of the fact you were criticized for transphobic statements.
- I think being openly transphobic is illegitimate and contradictory for a liberal newspaper.
- None of these things are true, and trying to claim they are is simply an attempt to stop others from pointing out your transphobic behavior.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: trans|pho¦bia
Definition of transphobia in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.