- 1Transparent.More example sentences
- A transpicuous thermoplastic, such as a copolymer of styrene and acrylonitrile, is highly suitable.
- In order that the transparent material be transpicuous, the transparent material is preferably a transparent plastic or a transparent glass.
- 1.1Easily understood, lucid.More example sentences
- Don't try to impress someone by thesaurusizing your email with terms you wouldn't use in person - it sounds diaphanous, limpid, and transpicuous.
- In her current body of work, the site of memory revisited becomes transpicuous with every visit.
- These arrests will be spun as transpicuous proof that said officials are on the ball, keeping us safe.
mid 17th century: from modern Latin transpicuus (from Latin transpicere 'look through') + -ous.
More definitions of transpicuousDefinition of transpicuous in:
- The US English dictionary