- The flow of water through a plant, from the roots to the leaves, via the xylem vessels.More example sentences
- The transpiration stream through the xylem transports cytokinins, as well as ABA, from the root to the shoot.
- Xylem flow carries the transpiration stream and is normally entirely acropetal.
- This scenario implies that water will be taken up by the xylem parenchyma whenever the water potential in the transpiration stream is high.
More definitions of transpiration streamDefinition of transpiration stream in:
- The US English dictionary