Definition of transportable in English:
1Able to be carried or moved: the first transportable phones
More example sentences
- Traffic along Brand Highway was delayed for a short time this week when police escorted two trucks carrying a transportable home from Bluff Point to Walkaway.
- Traditionally famed for their horsemanship and hospitality, many Mongolians still lead nomadic lives, moving their transportable houses or ‘yurts’ between summer and winter grazing grounds.
- The main criteria for its design were that it be modular, easily transportable, and able to be erected within a day.
2 historical (Of an offender or an offence) punishable by transportation.
- Something had to be done about the state of crime, the numbers of transportable convicts not yet transported.
- Common sense and usual business practice prevailed along with generalised desires to rid the kingdom of unwanted transportable convicts.
- The present plan would remove from that prison a large portion of the transportable convicts who ought to be supported by the public and not by the city.
nounBack to top
- Example sentences
- The reconfigurable nature of the system design supports operations during deployment and early entry, and aids in transportability and battlefield mobility.
- The combined objectives of cross country capability and lightness for maximum mobility and air transportability demand efficient structural design.
- Mobility, transportability, sustainability, and survivability are the mantras.
Definition of transportable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan