Definition of transvalue in English:
verb (transvalues, transvaluing, transvalued)[with object]
Represent (something, typically an idea, custom, or quality) in a different way, causing it to be revalued: survival strategies are aesthetically transvalued into weapons of attack
More example sentences
- Perhaps we have simply transvalued impersonality as elusiveness, irony and parodic cultural quotation, qualities especially attractive in the wake of postmodern theory.
- But this passage is one in which, as is her wont, the author mimes the language of male philosophical and theological tradition that she seeks to transvalue.
- To overcome, transvalue and control one's life Nietzsche set as life's goal.
- Example sentences
- The point is a tremendous transvaluation of style under the sign of irony, plus or minus ‘profound’ psychological instability of representation.
- The ‘infusion’ (if you like it) or ‘infection’ (if you don't) of wealth- and success-mindedness has produced a transvaluation of values.
- As they see it, this countercultural refusal to belong suggests a massive - Nietzschean - transvaluation of social values and, hence, an insistence on other forms of belonging.
Definition of transvalue in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.