- A wave in which the medium vibrates at right angles to the direction of its propagation.More example sentences
- The water wave, like the violin string, is an example of a transverse wave.
- In fact Fresnel had already published his theory that light was a transverse wave but, although Doppler had read Fresnel's work, he did not accept it.
- Most aquatic animals use the jet-stream propulsion in a form of propagating a transverse wave along the body from head to tail.
More definitions of transverse waveDefinition of transverse wave in:
- The US English dictionary