- A crop planted to attract insect pests from another crop, especially one in which the pests fail to survive or reproduce.More example sentences
- When chinch bugs begin moving from the small grain into the trap crop, apply an insecticide to the trap crop at regular intervals as long as the migration continues.
- So next year he plans to plant them outside the orchard as a trap crop.
- He's also developed a few specific practices for specific pests, like leaving an uncut strip to serve as a trap crop for leaf hoppers when he swaths his alfalfa.
More definitions of trap cropDefinition of trap crop in:
- The US English dictionary