Definition of trap shooting in English:
The sport of shooting at clay pigeons released from a spring trap.
- There was also trap shooting at clay pigeons and maybe even a shooting gallery below decks.
- To fix this, I suggest you repeat your two very best appearances over the past few weeks: Windsurfing off Nantucket and trap shooting in Ohio.
- The down-the line events are more or less conventional trap shooting with the clays being released away from the shooter.
trap shooter noun
- Example sentences
- The most accomplished female double trap shooter in the world, Kim is a favorite to win the gold medal in Athens and is the U.S. only woman competitor in the event.
- She will remain a contender for future Olympics, as she continues to aim for greater heights in her quest to be an Olympic trap shooter.
- Her husband, Kenneth, is an avid trap shooter and golfer who sank his first hole-in-one at the age of 90, she said.
Definition of trap shooting in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia