Definition of trapdoor in English:
1A hinged or removable panel in a floor, ceiling, or roof.
- There's a trapdoor in the ceiling: the time capsule takes us up through it, and we're in the family's living quarters: the whole family gathered around the hearth.
- Luckily for our boys, it also has a trapdoor in the floor leading conveniently into a series of maintenance tunnels which are accessible through any manhole in Montreal.
- We had ascended the steep staircase and out through a narrow trapdoor on to the roof of the tower, high above the battlements of his creaking ancestral pile.
1.1A feature or defect of a computer system which allows surreptitious unauthorized access to data.
- Under polite questioning from the audience, he acknowledged that some closed-source commercial products have been found to have trapdoors themselves.
- Because the source code is available for all to see, secret or accidental trapdoors cannot hope to survive expert scrutiny by third parties.
Definition of trapdoor in:
- US English dictionary