Definition of trapezohedron in English:
noun (plural trapezohedra ˌtrapɪzə(ʊ)ˈhiːdrə or trapezohedrons)
A solid figure whose faces are trapeziums or trapezoids.
- The rhombic dodecahedron and the common trapezohedron are the most common forms.
- You must take the shining trapezohedron and keep it in a safe deposit box, until you are ready to come to Nigeria.
- First-generation crystals are rarely noted as minute orange-colored trapezohedra associated with the stratified layers of laumontite and stilbite, discussed below.
- Example sentences
- The crystals are dodecahedral with lightly etched trapezohedral faces.
- It occurred as trapezohedral milky-white microcrystals in small vugs and as clear, colorless, glassy masses up to 1 cm in size.
- Analcime occurs in both junction and pillow pockets as superb trapezohedral crystals.
Definition of trapezohedron in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan