Definition of travel-sick in English:
Suffering from nausea caused by the motion of a moving vehicle, boat, or aircraft: many passengers became travel-sick
More example sentences
- Life continues apace, and the time I'm spending in Berkshire is going well (we'll ignore an episode today with the dog being extremely travel-sick) and all's looking more and more positive by the day.
- Against these downtrodden, travel-sick, spearhead-free West Indians, it felt a bit sad.
- The Dane is anything but travel-sick - that's six away games in a row now when he has scored.
- Example sentences
- Every time I tried to read the motion of the bus seemed to induce travel sickness.
- Some people find that acupressure bands worn on the wrists are helpful in alleviating symptoms of travel sickness.
- For the majority of sufferers, travel sickness resolves as soon as the journey is completed.
Pronunciation: /ˈtrav(ə)l ˌsɪknəs/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan