adjective[with submodifier or in combination]
- 1Having travelled to many places: he was widely travelledMore example sentences
- Under the much travelled Serbian coach Bora Milutinovic, China reached their first World Cup finals three years ago in South Korea and Japan.
- As a much travelled male, I can say with confidence that Irish women are as classy as they come, and classier than most.
- Of the seven summer signings made by Billy Davies - balancing something of a mass exodus at the end of last season - David Kelly must be the widest travelled.
- 2Used by people travelling: a less well-travelled routeMore example sentences
- Road films shot outdoors extensively, with travel, action, comedy and adventure packed in them, are less travelled territory for Kollywood.
- I have to take the less travelled toll highway, the 407, because my mom is nervous on the busier 401, so the distance is a little further.
More definitions of travelledDefinition of travelled in:
- The US English dictionary