(US also traveler)
Definition of traveller in English:
1A person who is travelling or who often travels: thousands of air travellers were left stranded business travellers
More example sentences
- The shutdown of air traffic after 9/11 stranded thousands of travelers and disrupted business.
- This is because Taiwanese carriers can expect to enjoy higher demand from increasing numbers of business travelers and tourists travelling between Taiwan and North America.
- It's a no-brainer to support high-speed trains that take business and pleasure travelers out of the air and put them back on the ground for trips of three hours or less.
passenger, tourist, tripper, tourer, journeyer, voyager, excursionist, holidaymaker, sightseer, visitor, globetrotter, jet-setter;
commuter, fare payer, fare;
1.1 (usually Traveller) British A Gypsy or other nomadic person.
- Many Romany gypsies and Irish travellers have since been unable to find suitable sites and have occupied land without planning permission.
- The proposals were first floated in a report produced by a council-led scrutiny inquiry into gypsies and travellers and were revealed in the Daily Echo in October.
- Millionaire residents have been stunned to learn of a farmer's plan to sell land in their affluent Cheshire neighbourhood to gypsy travellers.
1.2 (also New Age traveller) British A person who holds New Age values and leads an itinerant and unconventional lifestyle.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.