- A story about the unusual characteristics or customs of a foreign country, regarded as typically exaggerated or untrue.More example sentences
- Of solitaires there are only travelers' tales and sketches, and a few bones [found in the caves of the limestone platform of the island].
- ‘There are travelers' tales from about 1839 reporting Zulu accounts that ‘elephants gently warm their brains with fermented fruits,’ Morris said.
- She crams it with stories from so many sources that it resembles a medieval traveler's tale, indiscriminately conflating fact and rumor.
More definitions of traveller's taleDefinition of traveller's tale in:
- The US English dictionary