- A representative of a firm who visits shops and other businesses to show samples and gain orders.More example sentences
- Later, merchants centered in Nuremberg gained control over these traveling salesmen and forced village artisans to adopt uniform designs and to specialize.
- Late in the fall of 1879 a traveling salesman visited the Alfred Shaker village, taking advance subscriptions for a history of York County, Maine.
- Similar, if somewhat warmer, hospitality is offered to particular travelling salesmen who visit the community regularly.
More definitions of travelling salesmanDefinition of travelling salesman in:
- The US English dictionary