- A wave in which the positions of maximum and minimum amplitude travel through the medium.More example sentences
- In effect, they trade the translational kinetic energy of a traveling wave for more displacement energy in a standing wave.
- In the actual system, the aft half of the body undulates with a traveling wave of increasing amplitude envelope as described in Anderson and Kerrebrock.
- The significance of local resonance in the cochlea has been well recognized, and local resonance can be considered as a limit where the traveling wave's group velocity substantially decreases while within a region of very light damping.
More definitions of travelling waveDefinition of travelling wave in:
- The US English dictionary