- A fishing boat used for trawling.More example sentences
- Euro-MPs are today debating proposals to give trawlers from Spain unlimited fishing rights to nearby Irish waters.
- It had more fish, too, although sections were severely impacted by the armada of trawlers and fishing camps.
- Coastal fishing communities had been protesting the invasion of their fishing grounds by the trawlers.
- More example sentences
- Shellfish is a sustainable fishery and the trawlermen saw that, called it a day and are reaping the rewards.
- The Government compensation is for trawlermen hit by the Cod Wars in the 1970s when the industry collapsed because the British fleet was barred from Icelandic waters.
- I felt a little uncharitable: maybe they were just honest but hard-up Grimsby trawlermen, reduced to hawking their catch on the streets.
More definitions of trawlerDefinition of trawler in:
- The US English dictionary