A fishing boat used for trawling.
- Euro-MPs are today debating proposals to give trawlers from Spain unlimited fishing rights to nearby Irish waters.
- It had more fish, too, although sections were severely impacted by the armada of trawlers and fishing camps.
- Coastal fishing communities had been protesting the invasion of their fishing grounds by the trawlers.
noun (plural trawlermen)
- Example sentences
- Shellfish is a sustainable fishery and the trawlermen saw that, called it a day and are reaping the rewards.
- The Government compensation is for trawlermen hit by the Cod Wars in the 1970s when the industry collapsed because the British fleet was barred from Icelandic waters.
- I felt a little uncharitable: maybe they were just honest but hard-up Grimsby trawlermen, reduced to hawking their catch on the streets.
Words that rhyme with trawlerbrawler, caller, crawler, drawler, faller, forestaller, hauler, installer, mauler, Paula, stonewaller
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: trawl¦er
Definition of trawler in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.