- A machine used in medieval siege warfare for hurling large stones or other missiles.More example sentences
- In part, this stress on strong outer defences was a reaction to new and more powerful weapons, including crossbows and siege machines such as mangonels and trebuchets capable of throwing heavy rocks.
- Catapults of the Middle Ages were divided into two major groups: ballistas, and trebuchets.
- Unconventional contrivances and machina arcana include a range of desktop siege weapons including miniature trebuchets, ballistae, and mangonels.
Middle English: from Old French, from trebucher 'overthrow'.
More definitions of trebuchetDefinition of trebuchet in:
- The US English dictionary