- A white-flowered shrub or tree of the heather family, with woody nodules that are used to make briar pipes. It is native to southern Europe and parts of Africa. Also called briar2.
More example sentences
- Erica arborea, family Ericaceae
- When fires ravage the forests of south-eastern France, as they too often do, tree heaths often survive.
- Providing an evergreen accent are various tree heaths, bearing sprays of white flowers and fresh green foliage.
- The large myrtle, camellias, tree heaths and early flowering rhododendrons give the courtyard special character.