- A tall, fast-growing Chinese tree, widely cultivated as an ornamental and shade tree.
More example sentences
- Ailanthus altissima, family Simaroubaceae
- Two hundred years ago, a Philadelphia gardener imported the Chinese tree of heaven, and Chinese immigrants later introduced it on the West Coast.
- The tree of heaven opposite the church of Saints Peter and Paul was still entombed deep inside its branches but the faintest yellow-green fuzz had begun to blur the outline of willows on the banks of the River Vistula.
- This is a tree of heaven, aolanthus artissima, and this one's from China.
More definitions of tree of heavenDefinition of tree of heaven in:
- The US English dictionary