(also tree of knowledge of good and evil)
- (In the Bible) the tree in the Garden of Eden bearing the forbidden fruit which Adam and Eve disobediently ate (Gen. 2:9, 3).More example sentences
- It was the demon in the form of a snake that pursued Eve to eat the apple from the forbidden tree of knowledge and convinced Adam on doing the same later on.
- What God wanted to keep them from was a tree that the Bible describes as ‘the tree of knowledge of good and bad.’
- Why did God give Adam the commandment not to eat from the tree of knowledge even before Eve had been created?
More definitions of tree of knowledgeDefinition of tree of knowledge in:
- The US English dictionary