- A long-tailed tree-dwelling Asian crow, with blackish or brown and grey plumage.
More example sentences
- Family Corvidae: three genera, in particular Dendrocitta, and several species
- For future reference you can always tell the real tree pie by its distinctive yellow bands.
- On the first morning, sitting on the lawns, one watched tree pies and drongos taking the first rays of the sun atop a dried up tree.
- Also, two frequent avian guests are the tree pies, with their very conspicuous long tails; and the small, blackish-grey spotted fantails, with their cocky, up-turned tails.
late 19th century: pie from pie2.