- A small squirrel-like insectivorous mammal with a pointed snout, native to SE Asia, especially Borneo.
More example sentences
- Family Tupaiidae and order Scandentia: several genera, in particular Tupaia; tree shrews were formerly placed with either the insectivores or the primates
- They proposed a monophyletic clade that includes primates, the tree shrew, the flying lemur, rabbit, and rodents.
- The mammals the researchers studied were the platypus, echidna, opossum, wallaby, hedgehog, mouse, rat, rabbit, cow, pig, bat, tree shrew, colugo, ringtail lemur, and humans.
- Group III contains many of the most studied mammals, including the primates, rodents, rabbits, and a tree shrew.
More definitions of tree shrewDefinition of tree shrew in:
- The US English dictionary