Definition of tree surgeon in English:
A person who prunes and treats old or damaged trees in order to preserve them.
- Mr Edwards, who is disabled and so can't help with the digging and preparation for the planting, instead uses his skills as a tree surgeon and arborist, to plan the planting.
- Mature trees have been attended to by a tree surgeon at a cost of more than a £1, 000, graves have been either replanted with low lying shrubs or lined and re-pebbled, and 6,000 spring bulbs have been planted.
- In America it's common practice for a tree surgeon to visit a property on a regular basis to keep trees at a size that ensures good light levels.
tree surgery noun
- Example sentences
- In King and Stockwell the defendants told an old lady that they worked for a reputable firm of tree surgeons, that tree surgery was needed in order to avoid damage to the foundations of her house, and that it would cost some £500.
- There is little likelihood that their roots will damage pavements, or that their branches will foul overhead cables and, if they need pruning or tree surgery, they are easily worked on.
- The tree surgery should be managed in such a way as to keep canopy balance.
Definition of tree surgeon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan