Definition of treeline in English:
1(On a mountain) the line or altitude above which no trees grow.
- To really appreciate the area, hike above the treeline on a mountain slope where you can see sagebrush and several other alpine flowers.
- Of these, the most spectacular was Timberline, a long winding trail (blue level) starting at the very top of the mountain, above the treeline.
- Further in the distance, the jagged caps of the mountains rose above the treeline - majestic peaks erected to a cloud-streaked sky.
1.1(In high northern (or southern) latitudes) the line north (or south) of which no trees grow.
- As shown in Fig.1, the northern limit for boreal forest proper deviates to the south of the treeline for individual stands of trees.
- Theoretically, this zone was a tundra region which extended as far south as the treeline.
- North America's treeline is higher than Europe's, which means you can ski shin-deep while a storm is blowing, because trees provide a colour-contrast that enhances visibility.
Words that rhyme with treelinebeeline, feline
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.