noun (plural trenchermen)[usually with adjective] • humorous
- A person who eats in a specified manner, typically heartily: a doughty trencherman who gives the Simpson’s beef trolley a good run for its moneyMore example sentences
- They had prepared a special menu for the opening, obviously with true trenchermen in mind.
- Austrians are famous trenchermen, and are not known for holding back when the dinner gong sounds.
- You were always a fastidious trencherman, and struck fear into the hearts of many a maître d' and wine waiter, but when they knew you, they adored you.
More definitions of trenchermanDefinition of trencherman in:
- The US English dictionary