adjective (trendier, trendiest)
- Very fashionable or up to date: I enjoyed being able to go out and buy trendy clothesMore example sentences
fashionable, in fashion, in vogue, stylish, modish, chic, designer, up to date, up to the minute, latest, contemporary, popular, all the rage; trendsetting; French à la mode, le dernier cri• informal cool, funky, in, the in thing, hot, big, with it, hip, happening, now, smart, sharp, groovy, mod, swinging, snazzy, natty, nifty
- Each doll also comes with an extra face plate, trendy fashions and a cool messenger bag.
- She tries to make it four times a week and rewards her dedication with trendy clothes.
- If you think their wish list is headed by the latest toys or trendy clothes, guess again.
noun (plural trendies)Back to top
- A person who is very fashionable or up to date: Taiwan’s well-heeled young trendiesMore example sentences
- Selling my label to fashion-conscious trendies and dressing artists, musicians and celebs.
- Just like French films - in which the Eiffel Tower is visible outside every window - Japanese young trendies all live in slick digs looking out over Tokyo Tower.
- Good idea until all the young trendies insisted it was cool.
- [as submodifier]: they are trendily cosmopolitanMore example sentences
- Consequently, modern systems come in sleek shapes and attractive colours, complete with an ergonomically designed keyboard and trendily designed mouse.
- This time last year I couldn't carry a yoga mat into Whole Foods without some natural foodie making a trendily karmic comment.
- Throughout the evening, trendily attired party hosts and hostesses kept urging partygoers to get onto the dance floor.
- More example sentences
- Despite the current trendiness and bloated pricing, the old world craftsmanship does demand respect.
- But the desire to push themselves free from the charges of trendiness or being fashionistas doesn't quite convince.
- Its storyline is chaotic, its flashback format too insular, and the resolution is buried in glamour shots, jiggling body parts, and faux fashion trendiness.