Definition of trendy in English:
adjective (trendier, trendiest)
Very fashionable or up to date: I enjoyed being able to go out and buy trendy clothes
More example sentences
- Each doll also comes with an extra face plate, trendy fashions and a cool messenger bag.
- She tries to make it four times a week and rewards her dedication with trendy clothes.
- If you think their wish list is headed by the latest toys or trendy clothes, guess again.
fashionable, in fashion, in vogue, stylish, modish, chic, designer, up to date, up to the minute, latest, contemporary, popular, all the rage;
Frenchà la mode, le dernier cri
informalcool, funky, in, the in thing, hot, big, with it, hip, happening, now, smart, sharp, groovy, mod, swinging, snazzy, natty, nifty
noun (plural trendies)Back to top
A person who is very fashionable or up to date: Taiwan’s well-heeled young trendies
More example sentences
- Selling my label to fashion-conscious trendies and dressing artists, musicians and celebs.
- Just like French films - in which the Eiffel Tower is visible outside every window - Japanese young trendies all live in slick digs looking out over Tokyo Tower.
- Good idea until all the young trendies insisted it was cool.
- [as submodifier]: they are trendily cosmopolitanMore example sentences
- Consequently, modern systems come in sleek shapes and attractive colours, complete with an ergonomically designed keyboard and trendily designed mouse.
- This time last year I couldn't carry a yoga mat into Whole Foods without some natural foodie making a trendily karmic comment.
- Throughout the evening, trendily attired party hosts and hostesses kept urging partygoers to get onto the dance floor.
- Example sentences
- Despite the current trendiness and bloated pricing, the old world craftsmanship does demand respect.
- But the desire to push themselves free from the charges of trendiness or being fashionistas doesn't quite convince.
- Its storyline is chaotic, its flashback format too insular, and the resolution is buried in glamour shots, jiggling body parts, and faux fashion trendiness.
Words that rhyme with trendybendy, effendi, Gassendi, modus vivendi, Wendy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.