A long lock of a woman’s hair: her golden tresses tumbled about her face
More example sentences
- She reached up and pulled off the black wig, and her long golden tresses tumbled around her shoulders.
- Her golden honey tresses were curled to perfection, falling around her face as if she were an angel.
- He had ripped away one beloved hand and only a few strands remained of the once beautiful mane of golden tresses.
verb[with object] archaic Back to top
Middle English: from Old French tresse, perhaps based on Greek trikha 'threefold'.
- [usually in combination]: a blonde-tressed sex symbolMore example sentences
- The appearance of the brunette tressed (at the time) Rose in Season 4 was intended to fill the ancestral shoes of unexpectedly deceased big Halliwell sister Prue, played by everlasting bad girl Shannon Doherty.
- It is to be hoped the happy event will rival the Hallowe'en nuptials of that gloriously tressed couple Belinda Cornish and Mark Meer.
- Enough with staring wistfully at those better tressed than you.
Definition of tress in:
- The US English dictionary