Definition of tress in English:
A long lock of a woman’s hair: her golden tresses tumbled about her face
More example sentences
- She reached up and pulled off the black wig, and her long golden tresses tumbled around her shoulders.
- Her golden honey tresses were curled to perfection, falling around her face as if she were an angel.
- He had ripped away one beloved hand and only a few strands remained of the once beautiful mane of golden tresses.
verb[with object] archaic Back to top
Arrange (a person’s hair) into long locks.
- [usually in combination]: a blonde-tressed sex symbolMore example sentences
- The appearance of the brunette tressed (at the time) Rose in Season 4 was intended to fill the ancestral shoes of unexpectedly deceased big Halliwell sister Prue, played by everlasting bad girl Shannon Doherty.
- It is to be hoped the happy event will rival the Hallowe'en nuptials of that gloriously tressed couple Belinda Cornish and Mark Meer.
- Enough with staring wistfully at those better tressed than you.
Words that rhyme with tressacquiesce, address, assess, Bess, bless, bouillabaisse, caress, cess, chess, coalesce, compress, confess, convalesce, cress, deliquesce, digress, dress, duchesse, duress, effervesce, effloresce, evanesce, excess, express, fess, finesse, fluoresce, guess, Hesse, impress, incandesce, intumesce, jess, largesse, less, manageress, mess, ness, noblesse, obsess, oppress, outguess, phosphoresce, politesse, possess, press, priestess, princess, process, profess, progress, prophetess, regress, retrogress, stress, success, suppress, tendresse, top-dress, transgress, tristesse, underdress, vicomtesse, yes
Definition of tress in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.